Friday, February 29, 2008

Honduras Baby Shower


On Wednesday, February 27, 2008, I had yet another baby shower. This shower included our church and teachers from the school. Mike has always wondered who would make my baby shower cake since I have made so many. There is this great lady (Robin Parsons) who made the baby shower cake and it was wonderful! I was so excited that someone spent the time to do that for me. We played lots of games like pin the baby clothes on the clothes line while holding a baby and a telephone...that was interesting! In the other picture, the ladies gathered around me and prayed for me. That was so neat. On the left side is mostly people from the Spanish speaking church that we attend and they prayed for me in Spanish. I could not understand most of what they were saying, but it was such a blessing and their prayers seemed so heartfelt. One of the ladies that prayed for me is also pregnant. She went to the doctor because of some pain that she was having from gall stones that she had and they discovered that she is 3 months pregnant. Please pray for her that her pain would end and that the rest of her pregnancy would be pleasant. She cannot have surgery because it would cause trauma to the baby. She has a one year old already and was surprised to be pregnant because she was still breastfeeding and had her tubes tied! The shower actually ended with us praying for her as well and that was wonderful too.

1 comment:

Summer said...

Caroline and Mike,

We are so happy for you two. Caroline I just loved your post about busyness. What awesome spiritual experiences to be "marinating" your new son in. We miss you here, but we are so glad you have chosen to answer His call. Much love, Mike, Summer, Hannah, Connor and Andrew (also did I mention we won the state championship?)