Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sharing our Blessing

So many Hondurans cannot believe that I would bring the baby out of the house with him being so young. They have this unwritten rule here that women don't bring their babies out for 40 days after birth and don't bath them or themselves for those 40 days!! I think that there are not as many women doing the not bathing, but many still don't bring their babies out because they are afraid of them getting sick. Well, I have definitely bathed and it seems that Jack is bathed pretty frequently as well because of all the poop and spitting up that he has been doing recently. I have also brought him out of the house. I have had many people hold him (as long as they wash their hands first) and I believe that since God has given us this wonderful blessing we should be able to share that blessing with others. It is such a wonderful thing to be able to hold him and I have loved every minute of it (that is why I have not posted much recently). Here are just a few of the people that have held him...

No comments: