Sunday, October 19, 2008

Jack's First Track Meet

Since the beginning of September we have been coaching track. We take turns waiting for Jack to wake from his nap and then take him to practice. The kids love him, especially the girls. They all want to hold him, which is good and bad. I think that Jack had a good time!



We still have one more meet in San Pedro Sula, but only Mike is going because it takes 4 1/2 hours to get there by bus! Meets here are different than in the states. One of the things that I find funny here is how they start a race...they have this clapper thing that consist of two pieces of wood they clap together (not a gun or whistle). There is a picture of it below! They also don't use blocks when they start a race like the 100 meter or 200 meter...they barely even get into a race position...weird! I tried to have them use blocks, but since no one else does they don't want to either. They did pray before they ran and I am sure that helped!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Ohh How cute. I just love that there is another family of coaches. The clapper is hilarious, although when we do up tempo drills I usually slap together two of the kids blocks, I didn't think about actually hingeing them.