Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hey, guess what? I'm teaching...



It's kind of weird changing careers like this but so far it hasn't been that bad. I'm teaching Algebra I and Geometry, both of which I did during my student teaching. Here is a view of one of the hallways. The kids are really good...a bit talkative, but not too bad. One of the neatest things is that Caroline's classroom is pretty much next to two of my classes, and less that a minute away for the other classes. I get to taunt and make fun of Caroline all day long! It's great!!!
By the way, we installed Skype so we can call over the Internet. Our connection has been intermittent at best. Every time it went out we had to shut everything down and reboot. The cable company came out today to fix it and praise the Lord (seriously) it is working now. It seems like we aren't that far away of we can pick up the phone and call or send an email.
It's almost a working vacation. Except for the bugs. And the milk. And the water. But other than that, it's great and God is blessing us daily as we realize how lucky and blessed we were (are) to have the things we have. Some here have far less than us and it's hard to see kids just come up to you out of the store begging to help you carry your bags for a nickle. Please pray for us to somehow be a witness to them.
I'll write more now that the connection seems to be working.

1 comment:

Whisenant said...

Hey Mike and Caroline,

Just wanted to say hello and we miss you lots...I am glad that someone gets to bug Carloline, since I can't be there to pick on her. I am glad things are going well at school. I only have one more day left before kids come. Randall says hello....of course he is asleep as I type....talk to you guys soon...

love randall and michelle